CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

I hate moving!

I know it has been a while since we have posted anything of substance. I feel like my life is so boring compared to others. Well, I guess moving isn't boring. In fact, its downright brutal. We are trying to down-size our belongings. Which is a task in itself. With Savannah's help it took Alot longer than I hoped it would, but she just loves helping Mom and Dad. I cant believe how much Crap we've accumulated over the years. Like bins and bins of baby clothes. For both boys and girls. When I was pregnant with Savannah, I was positive she was a boy. So I Started buying crap loads of stuff for boys. I didn't mind having to start again when we found out she was a girl. However, I'm not going to get rid of the boy clothes I do have. Down-sizing is one thing, but wasting money is ridiculous. Juris Says" well, this way you' ll get to go shopping again." And I replied" My shopping is inevitable, But I would rather just pick up where I left off. I don't want to make Shopping a Chore. Then it loses all its fun." I know Amber(the Resident family shopaholic) is feeling me. Right?

Anyway, Trying to down-size, while packing is a chore in itself. Throw in a two year old "Supervisor" and you've really got your work cut out for you. Especially when she pulling items out you've just packed("quality control Checks") and running around the house with them. I found some of my spatulas in the toilet. I'M not mad at her though. Just gives me an excuse to visit Williams-Sonoma. Maybe I should give her my old cake pans too and see where they end up.

10 comments:

Erika said...

I love that, "supervisor", that is so funny!

One idea, while it won't get you back all your money, is that you can sell those clothes to shops like Kid To Kid... okay, I just looked it up and you don't have any Kid To Kids near you, but I'm sure you could find a children's resale shop around that buys clothes, toys and such. I've thought about doing that with all Mariska's clothes, because like you, we have bins and bins... not to easy to store in 1000 square feet!

Also, to save money while moving (we've moved 6 times in the last 5 years... and are again in June!) You can get boxes from your local grocery store totally free!! You just have to call and ask when they are getting a truck delivery and when you can stop buy to pick up some boxes or some stores will even reserve you a cart full! It's so nice to not have to buy boxes!!
Also, so you don't have to spend money/space on bubble wrap and the like... wrap all your valuables/fragile things in your clothes, towels, pillow cases, pot holders... anything soft! We also use our blakets and towels to protect the furniture in the truck so it doesn't get all scratched!

I though you weren't moving until April?? Where is DJ going to end up once you're gone? Sorry for the novel!!

Erika said...

Or, if you don't want to go to the store around 6 am to get boxes... Brent's gotten pretty good at "recycling bin" dumpster diving! Some of our best boxes we've found in recycling bins!

Budenieks Family said...

Were gonna end up moving at the end of March. Juris is going to be working with Josephs company for the summer, and needs to be there at the beginning of april so Joe Can train him before going to Tennesee for the summer to work. D.J. is also going to Tennesee for the summer with go, and will be leaving mid april. He says he is going to stay here for a few weeks with friends before Leaving. HE dosent want to go to Utah. ANyway were mainly trying to get stuff we dont need out of here. The less we have to move the better.

Budenieks Family said...

With JOE, NOT WITH GO. Sorry

Erika said...

Holy cow that is so funny... Brent is doing the same job here! Will you be going with Juris or will you be apart for 4 months?!

Budenieks Family said...

NO. Juris is Doing it in the Salt Lake Area. THat is so funny.

Jess said...

Ha! A whole new kitchen set is what you'll need when Savannah finished with it! Thats cute, but frustrating I bet!

Ohhhh yes...moving! Its hard. I know everyone's situation is different though so I just hope it goes well for you with a 2year old! She's a sweetheart.

We can't wait to see her and you all more often. Nathan & some others are helping out at Mom & Dad E's this Saturday so things will be ready for ya! When is the big day??

Jess said...

Or....you could all wait to see if I'm having a girl & I'll buy them from ya! Haha! j/k I know ya need to get the money back!

I know I did the same thing....I already have a few baby girl clothes in good condition that I bought from D.I. while I was preggers with Nate Jr. before I knew it was a boy.

You could try to sell them on KSL.com when ya get here. Its free to post adds. Just an idea.

I got REALLY lucky & got a couple bags of FREE girls clothes from a sweet lady who said she's "done havin' kids." I told her if I didn't have a girl that I'd make sure the clothes went to someone who really needed them. :)

Well we're just excite you're a movin' close by!

Erika said...

It's been nice... Brent's sister can't have any more kids and she had a girl last, about 2 years before mariska was born, we've gotten all the hand me downs!! We've only bought Mariska maybe 10 things!!

Jess said...

Happy Mother's Day today!