CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First day of Preschool

Well today was buggies first day of preschool. I can only assume that everything went well. I havent heard otherwise. we had afew issues with the bus, and not knowing exactly where the bus stop was. So Juris and I drove to to school. We brought her to her classroom, Gave her goodbye kisses, and she never looked back. We than went to make some calls to the transportaion department and got everything squared away for the ride home. Since she is in a wheelchair at school she is not allowed to cross a street to get to her bus stop. I was waiting at the original stop when the bus came around. They let off two other kids at the same stop. The bus driver came off the bus and told me I needed to get in there. I paniked. I guess when they were bringing her out to the bus, the air brakes went off and she hadn't stopped screaming the entire twenty minute ride home. Busses are LOUD! Then the Chair lift freaked her out, and everytime the doors would open she would go bonkers. You could definately see that the bus aide was Flustered, but jackie, her bus driver was so calm and collected. I think she saw the panic in my eyes and kept telling me it was okay, and that all new kids need a little time to get used to things. Anyway Savannah Is now the first stop of the trip and she is being picked up right outside our building. It was literally a ten minute walk to the other Stop, so I am thankful. Needless to Say, Savannah And I went inside and had a long Snuggle time and cried. After about a minute Savannah Kept looking at me like whats wrong with you? I was just so overcome with so many crazy emotions, I couldn't help it. So friday we will try the bus ride again, and pray that it goes a little smoother.

2 comments:

Erika said...

That really must have been hard. Even though it's a special situation, I'm so jealous she's going to preschool! I would almost kill to get Mariska into something, she would LOVE it!

Amber said...

I know that kind of stuff can be hard, but don't let her see you cry in this instance. She will think that there is a reason to be sad in connection with her school.
I am glad she is finally able to do this!!